1. TIGHT on A YOUNG WOMAN, wearing a plaid shirt, jeans and a pair of Converse sneakers as she lies sprawled out and face down on a dusty road lined with yellow cobblestones. A small white Jack Russell licks her ear, trying to get her to wake up.
CAPTION: “Gosh it would be awful pleasin’…”
YOUNG WOMAN: Cuht it aht
2. The young woman groggily looks up, swatting the dog away half-heartedly with her hand. She looks up towards us.
CAPTION: ”…to reason out the reason…
YOUNG WOMAN: I said cut it out.
3. We pull out, seeing her surroundings for the first time - a rolling, vast desert. Running through it and across the dunes is the cobblestone road, lined on either side by a grey stone wall. The road, the wall and the young woman all look frightfully out of place.
YOUNG WOMAN: Worst hangover ever.
CAPTION: ”…for things I can’t explain.”
4. We’re now looking at the young woman from an angle high up and behind her, as if from the POV of someone watching her from atop one of the dunes.
CAPTION: “Then perhaps I’ll deserve yuh and even be worthy of yuh.”
5. CUT TO: the thing/creature in the photo at the top. It rides a large beast that looks like a shaggy-haired gerbil. Both of them look towards the young woman (off panel), as the rider grins its grin.
CAPTION: “If I only had a brain.”