1. A WOMAN in her late 20s sits in a simple wooden boat on a dark, grey looking pond. She’s thin and wiry with a huge shock of curly hair sitting atop her head giving her a frazzled look. She peers over the edge of the boat cautiously, peering into the water below.
VOICE (TAILLESS): — because you’ll never amount to anything.
VOICE (TAILLESS): In fact, why even bother starting?
2. Tight on the WOMAN, her face a picture of frustration and confusion as she peers at the surface.
VOICE (TAILLESS): I think maybe you were always like this.
VOICE (TAILLESS): Obviously, whatever they’re giving you isn’t working.
VOICE (TAILLESS): Yeah, I think you were always like this.
3. The surface of the water, nothing but the WOMAN’s reflection peering back at her.
VOICE (TAILLESS): There’s no shame in mediocrity.
VOICE (TAILLESS): Millions of people do it every day.
VOICE (TAILLESS): All you have to do is let go.
VOICE (TAILLESS): It really is that sim –
4. She looks up hopefully, as if hearing something for the first time.
Note: The ‘dialogue’ here would be in the form of SFX, permeating on the image of the panel somehow rather than being separated by a word balloon.
SFX: SHUT UP
5. As the first panel. The WOMAN sits alone on the boat on the dark, grey pond. Behind her, just out of sight is a white dove, cast in a brilliant bright light.