1. Wide panel. A silver, dart-shaped SPACESHIP sits on high-tech landing gear amidst a clearing in a thick jungle.
SHELLEY: Doug, I am imploring you not to be an asshole about this.
DOUG: Harsh words, Shel. I’m wounded.
SHELLEY: This is not about who’s right and who’s wrong.
2. We CUT TO inside the spaceship. A small, but well-equipped, field laboratory. We’re focused on a strange mushroom-looking PLANT as it sits on a cold-steel tray atop a work bench.
SHELLEY (OFF): This is life or death. Tag it, bag it. But do not touch it.
3. Zoom out. Either side of the work bench stands a man and a woman - DOUG and SHELLEY. DOUG, on the left, is all puffed chest, possessing the kind of machismo that breaks at the slightest touch. SHELLEY, on the right, has wispey hair, has a mousey manner about her and slightly hunched over. She usually takes DOUG’s shit. But not today. Both are wearing dark blue jumpsuits.
DOUG: Readings indicate it’s not toxic.
SHELLEY: Don’t care. Just follow the damn protocol.
4. Tight on DOUG, smirking. A know it all.
SHELLEY (OFF): This is about the movie, isn’t it? Jesus, Doug.
5. On SHELLEY. Sick of this. Pointing, spitting bile and barbed truth.
SHELLEY: It was a difference of opinion. We won’t have to agree on everything. SHELLEY: Grow up!
6. DOUG, a painted smile, hiding his hurt, as he reaches his hand towards the PLANT on the table.
DOUG: Ease up, Shel. Come on…
7. Inset panel in the bottom right of Panel 6. Nothing but black.
CAPTION/DOUG: ”…lets grab our suits and go for a stroll.”