That Reynolds is fun at parties.
1. Wide panel, nothing but the emptiness and vastness of space. We see bits of rocking floating in the void, a few stars here and there. But mostly it’s just black nothingness. Amidst it all floats a STARSHIP shaped like a chrome dart.
REYNOLDS CAPTION: “Nothing gold can stay, you know that.” PILOT CAPTION: “Maybe. I’m more of an optimist.”
2. Wide panel, inside the cockpit of the small starship. The PILOT is a man in his late 50s, with a sallow face and dark circles under his eyes. Once upon a time he was handsome. He wears a retro looking orange spacesuit. The stars from the previous panel are reflected in his visor as he pilots his ship.
REYNOLDS CAPTION: “Because you can afford to be.” PILOT CAPTION: “Tell me, Daisy, is your husband purposefully trying to kill my mood?”
3. Wide panel, CUT TO a party several years and galaxies ago. It’s in the ballroom of a fancy hotel and a bunch of Hollywood-type folk are gathered. The PILOT is here too. He’s wearing a tux and looks full of life. A handsome square-jawed man is on his arm. They’re chatting with an older husband and wife (REYNOLDS and DAISY) near a table resplendent with food and drink of the highest quality.
REYNOLDS: I know what it’s like. The roles dry up, you get crazy.
4. Inset inside 5. CUT TO the cockpit. The PILOT’s gloved hand presses the button marked warp-drive.
5. CUT TO a shot of the starship’s engines, dormant.
REYNOLDS CAPTION: “You begin to consider the places you'd go to and the things you’d do to outrun old age or death.” REYNOLDS CAPTION: “Before you know it…”
6. Cut back to the PILOT in the cockpit, a space-suit wearing SKELETON (as in the image) now behind him in the cockpit. The PILOT looks resigned to his fate.
REYNOLDS CAPTION: “...it’s here anyway.”